A4 1995 Central Lock

Help! I need an Audi genius and I guess this is the place to ask! My 1995 Audi A4 central locking system has suddenly packed in. Also at the same time, the interior light doesn't come on when I open the doors. Also,
the red alarm indicator on the dash doesn't come on. Now I've checked the fuse in the side panel thingy and it appears intact. One Audi dealer said the whole locking system needs replacing. Another said the cable loom in the driver's side door needs to be replaced. Someone else said there's a relay fault in the engine compartment (have recently had it steamcleaned) No one is really certain, except that it's gonna take a bucketfull of money to get it looked like. Can anyone please give me a clue on how I can locate the problem, perhaps someone has already had this problem before and nailed it! Thanks in advance, Tonya From Norway.

Lesson learned. Never steam clean an engine compartment which is not needed in a closed space like Audis.
In the fusebox get al the relays and fuses out, check the contacts and put them back in (all one by one).
Good luck.
Ronald
Where do I find the relays on the A4? The fusebox I find in a small panel on the left of the steering wheel. Sorry, but I have NO idea about technical stuff! :-(

Open the hood and have a look near the windscreen.
Ronald
Hello Tonya... I just had the same problem with my A4 1995 model. Audi garage want's 800 to replace the thing... Have you had any luck with your's? Esposha