A4 2.4 MPG?

Hi,
I am considering purchasing a 1998 A4 2.4 Automatic. Can anyone give me an idea of what kind of fuel consumption / MPG I could expect from this car?
Thanks,
Mo
my 1997 A4 V6 2.4 Auto does 31mpg, travelling 35 miles per day on A roads. I try to keep revs around 2 to 2.5K with a weekly spiders web clear out.
current mileage is 58,000
dj
Mo wrote:

Get a 1.8T, you won't regret it. plus if you want more power it costs 500, and you will get nearly 40mpg on a nice run if you dont boot it.
But if you do boot it, expect to see 10-15mpg :)
Ronny

Just over 300 for an Upsolute chip/ECU upgrade....
I.

What's the before/after on that?
andyt