a4 air filter

So I feel real silly asking this, but I'm just not figuring it out on my own........
I need to know how to get the air filter out of my '04 A4 1.8T. I didn't
see anything in the owner's manual, and the engine bay is so tight I can't see an obvious way to remove/replace. Any help?
If it's like my '00 A6 you need to remove the air filter 'box' to be able to replace the element. It requires a screwdriver and a 10mm wrench (cheerfully provided by Audi). I remove several wired connections on the top of the 'box' along with various plastic air duct fittings and with a firm pull the 'box' comes loose and I can wiggle it out of the engine bay. Straightforward filter replacement. Assembly is reverse of disassembly. The bottom of the 'box' fits into soft rubber washers in the frame. Don't drop the metal or rubber washers or nut as they can be interesting to retrieve. HTH Glenn