A4 automatic locking function

I have an A4 2.5 TDi year 2003. The handbook (p 58) says there is a facility to automatically activate the central locking when the car goes over 15Kph. "Should you wish to activate the automatic locking function on
your vehicle, a qualified workshop can do this for you".
Can anyone tell me please - is this something I can do myself and if so how?

Well if it's like the TT, the autolock function that you speak of can be enabled via the VAGCOM port. If you have any friends with a laptop/VAGCOM software/cable it can be done very easily. If not, dealers will do it for you, but some do charge. It's certainly a worthwhile function to have.
Moley
Moley
Very many thanks for your very swift reply. I'll check it out.
Alistair
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:46:40 -0000, "Moley"

Can you identify the name of this laptop software or the manufacturer so that I can search for it?

VAG-COM
http://www.ross-tech.com/products.html
I've seen mention of a whole variety of these optional settings but Audi themselves provide no information which surprises me.
Is it a case of they really don't want us to know and use them or is it just that they can't be bothered documenting the options ?
They could provide a list ending with "consult dealer if you would like any of these settings changed".