A4 Avant Rear Washer Blocked

Hi All
My rear washer doesn't work. I had a local garage have a look at it and they say it is blocked and that I have to buy a new washer/wiper unit??? Does anyone now of a method of unblocking these units? Is
there some chemical I can use that will remove the blockage without melting the pump or it's tubes??
Thanks in advance Stuart
Why don't you just try blowing it thro with high pressure air?

Thanks for the suggestion but the garage tried that to no avail. That's why I hoped there might be some kind of chemical that could break down the blockage with out damaging the pump or its pipes.

I find that eventually you have to strip them down and replace or sit them in an ultrasonic bath for a while.
--
Christopher Roberts