A4 Brakes

Just got a secondhand a4 (2000W - UK) and have a question about brakes.
When I brake there is a scrapping noise like you get when the car is first used after a while of standing. The difference is that it never goes away. I
only hear it at low speeds. Apart from the noise the brakes work fine and the car has just passed it's MOT and check by Audi dealer.
Is this a 'feature' of the car as I seem to remember hearing similar problems in the past.
Any ideas
Thanks
Richard
Richard Goulding wrote:

You might want to have a mechanic look at the car. Can you isolate the sound to one specific wheel? Does the noise disappear or change in pitch when you apply the brakes? Does the noise disappear of change in pitch when you apply the hand brake? Is it a steady scraping noise or does it oscillate?
These are potential sources for such a noise that immediately come to mind:
1. Seized/sticky brake caliper piston 2. Worn out brake pads 3. Bad wheel bearing
Cheers,