A4 Cd Changer

I am after a cd changer for a 2000W - UK Audi A4 saloon. I want it to fit into the factory position in the boot and plug into the pre-installed lead that is also in the boot. That is, avoid as much disruption to the car as
possible.
Has anybody done this (without forking out 350 at the dealers).
I am also interested in online suppliers also.
I have considered buying a secondhand official Audi one from Ebay but I am concerned that I may get the wrong model.
Comments please.
Thanks in advance
Richard
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:42:02 -0000, "Richard Goulding"

The oem 6-disk changer was made by Panasonic and was retailed through Audi's parts department for US$300 in Q2/2000 - the same year they wanted US$600 for the same changer already installed.
After buying my new S4 sans changer, I bought one from an Audi parts department and installed it in about 15 minutes. You may still be able to actually order one through Audi for an equivalent price.
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Do you know the Panasonic part #?
Thanks...

I know the *Audi* part number: 4B0-035-111-A
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

It might be worth enquiring at VAG Parts (http://www.vagparts.com/pages/Special.htm )
They are selling the OEM changer at 240. Although it is claimed to only suit the A4 from 2001 onwards, I suspect that it will work with any of the Concert or Symphony head units.

I purchased a new OEM (Panasonic) changer from www.Shokan.com for USD 160 last year and installed it myself. I don't know of any UK e-tailers though, sorry.
Cheers,
Pete
try www.vagparts.com. They have the genuine 6cd changer for 204.76. Plugs into existing connector.