A4 Cd Changer

I am after a cd changer for a 2000W - UK Audi A4 saloon. I want it to fit into the factory position in the boot and plug into the pre-installed lead that is also in the boot. That is, avoid as much disruption to the car as possible.

Has anybody done this (without forking out £350 at the dealers).

I am also interested in online suppliers also.

I have considered buying a secondhand official Audi one from Ebay but I am concerned that I may get the wrong model.

Comments please.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

The oem 6-disk changer was made by Panasonic and was retailed through Audi's parts department for US$300 in Q2/2000 - the same year they wanted US$600 for the same changer already installed.

After buying my new S4 sans changer, I bought one from an Audi parts department and installed it in about 15 minutes. You may still be able to actually order one through Audi for an equivalent price.

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

It might be worth enquiring at VAG Parts

They are selling the OEM changer at £240. Although it is claimed to only suit the A4 from 2001 onwards, I suspect that it will work with any of the Concert or Symphony head units.

Reply to
Peter Bell

I purchased a new OEM (Panasonic) changer from

for USD 160 last year and installed it myself. I don't know of any UK e-tailers though, sorry.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

try

They have the genuine

6cd changer for £204.76. Plugs into existing connector.
Reply to
Uphill DownHill

Do you know the Panasonic part #?

Thanks...

Reply to
rob

I know the *Audi* part number: 4B0-035-111-A

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Hi Richard, try.........