A4 Clutch Replacement

Hi I've got an A4 1998 1.8 Manual that requires a replacement clutch. The garage is quoting over 500 pound for a replacment and fitting, so I'd like to know how easy it would be to replace myself? Or, would you
reccomend I just bite the bullet and pay?
Thanks for any advice.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net knastet inn: :

Eeasy ? Depends, on how many thumbs you're eqipped with ;-)
Hard to do ? Not that bad, but - the first time, it could cause some serious headache. If you plan to do this yourself, get a Haynes manual. Calculate a whole day for the replacement, a trained guy [with proper tools], would fix it in about 4 hours.
Parts - 180-250. 500 sounds rather cheap, and you will keep your hands clean.
knastet inn: :

parts from GFS 98 + vat, easy to fit if you know how,
http://www.gsfcarparts.com /
Ste.D
Hi I've got an A4 1998 1.8 Manual that requires a replacement clutch. The garage is quoting over 500 pound for a replacment and fitting, so I'd like to know how easy it would be to replace myself? Or, would you reccomend I just bite the bullet and pay?
Thanks for any advice.
Mark
use OEM parts and let someone else take the strain.............dont forget, if you are not on a ramp or in a pit you on the ground...............rolling around, it may rain, it is going to snow..............the againsts do ramp up.
are you going to keep the car and if so work out the costs over the years, I do, then it does not seem so bad.