A4 Engine cut out

Hi, Just had a very weird thing happen with my A4 1.8T - just coming off a roundabout into a garage and braking for the car in front of me and all of a sudden the engine isn't running, no warning or any lurch etc
just the steering wheel losing power and the lights on the dash lit up.
I have found this: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.autos.audi/browse_thread/thread/90adf7d5737a98b8/eac4b07e01023071?lnk=st&q=audi+a4+engine+stops&rnum )&hl=en#eac4b07e01023071 which sounds like a similar thing but there isn't any follow up post - does anyone know how this got resolved or what the problem might be? I'm meant to be using the car next weekend for a 400+ mile journey now I'm not sure I want to, should I be running to my nearest VW/Audi dealer?
Cheers
Bob
Just guessing -
It could be that your idle is set a bit low and when you braked and turned at the same time ESP tried to correct taking power that caused the engine to die.
Pulling the codes would be the place to start.
TonyJ '98 A4 1.8 TQM
menb32@no_spam.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.autos.audi/browse_thread/thread/90adf7d5737a98b8/eac4b07e01023071?lnk=st&q=audi+a4+engine+stops&rnum )&hl=en#eac4b07e01023071
Thanks for the reply - what does "Pulling the codes" mean?

Your dealer has a OBDII computer interface used to find error codes logged in the system. It should yield information about the cause of the stalling.
You might want to check the Audi forums in your area to find individuals who own the computer software to pull codes as well.