A4 fuel capacity

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the fuel tank on a current model A4

1.9TDI?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Toby Groves

Quattro or non?

Reply to
Ron

In article , Ron writes

Sorry, non

Reply to
Toby Groves

16.4 us gallons for the quattro

18.4 for the non quattro

Thats about 12 UK gallons and 10 UK gallons I think, my quattro costs 42 quid to fill from scratch at 74p a litre :)

Reply to
Ronny

[Snip]

The Audi UK website quotes 70 litres and 66 litres, respectively. That's roughly 15.4 and 14.5 imperial (UK) gallons.

Reply to
Peter Bell
[snip]

Yup, 70 litres for the 2wd A4, whis is 18.5 & 15.4 US/UK gallons respectively.

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs========================================================================

Reply to
Zak McGregor

In article , Peter Bell writes

Thanks for that, and to the others who responded. I couldn't find it on the website, so presumed it wasn't there, but of course after you'd pointed out it *was* there I managed to find it didn't I? :)

The reason for asking was that I was chatting with my boss about fuel efficiency, and mentioned I'd got around 500 miles out of my last tankful in my A3 2.0TDI, and he was very surprised, saying he often got more than that in his A4 1.9TDI, and with a lot of motorway miles usually topped 700. I presumed this must be because the A4 had a bigger tank, and sure enough it has, 70 versus 55 litres in mine, so his 700 figure would equate to 550 in mine, which is easily achievable with mainly motorway use.

Reply to
Toby Groves

Ha! I can get around 350 miles on my 82 litre tank, or a bit more if I drive very gently!

Reply to
Peter Bell

Worrying... Perhaps you should point out to your boss that the size of the tank is irrelevant to fuel economy.

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Morton