A4 grease visible

Cleaning my A4 this morning I noticed black grease coming through the spoke areas on the alloy wheel rim and a coating on the inside surface of the rim.
There is also a splashing of grease, black/grey, around the inside wheel arch.
Looks like a seal may have gone on a CV or whatever they call the joints on the Audi.
anyone suggest or confirm my thoughts.
dj

Yes, sounds like a front CV gaiter, if it has spread to the extent you say I would get it sorted ASAP, that grease has a habit of getting on the disk which could result in the breaks not working correctly, easy job to do its the labour charge which will cost you the most, the parts are fairly cheap,
Steve.D

perishing boot :-)