A4 Heater Fan

My 1996 Audi a4 2.6SE is making strange noises when I start it up & the climate control comes on, it appears to be coming from behind the dash
board, if I turn the climate control off the noise goes, like a whining sound, if I put the fan full on its very loud, are these things easy to replace? & anyone know of a cheap supplier of them in the uk?
Thanks in advance,