A4 inadvertent opening windows

The electric windows (front only on my 2001 A4 quatro turbo) are quite frequently found mysteriously open but the car always remains locked. I have assumed this is because of accidental light pressure on the key
in my pocket but surely this would leave the car unlocked? Does this happen to everybody or is it a fault?

Mo - if a door isn't opened within a short period of being unlocked, then they will re-lock automatically.

Peter Bell wrote:

But that doesn't explain the windows being open - light pressure on the key? There is no window switch on my key fob.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

A long press on the button will open the windows.

Unless that system feature has been disabled at the controller...