a4: Inner door handle got loose!

2000 a4 quat.
Just yesterday the driver's inner door handle got loose.
It still works fine, but it sort of hangs down a 1/4 inch, and while it retracts after pulling on it, it doesn't snap firmly into place.
Did I bust a spring or something easily fixed by me? Or am I up for a million component dismemberment project on this one?
Thanks!
Yep you did, I did the same thing a few months ago, the dealer had to take the door panel off just to tell me that the door lever snapped. And then they had the nerve to tell me that they don't have the part in so that I'll have to come back and pay for some more of their lovely labour charges. Nice.