A4 oil filter Location

Just got a 91 A4 2.8 and want to change oil first time. Drain plug- is it obvious- I haven't looked yet. Where is the filter? TIA

Reply to
Dennis W

I mean 2001

Reply to
Dennis Wyatt

Dennis,

You have to remove the skid plate to get to the oil filter (that's why there are several "quick lubes" that will turn you away). Once you get that off, the filter is pretty much right there, if I remember correctly, it's on the passenger side of the engine (it's been a while since I've worked at one of the quick lubes that didn't turn them away). I'll let you decide if the skid plate is important enough to replace. It can be a serious nuisance removing them, especially if previous oil changes had damaged the original screws and it is being held up in an "interesting and imaginative" manner. BTW if you were wondering about what type of oil, go with synthetic, as previous posts in the group have discussed, it's definitely worth the extra cost.

HTH Bill

1991 200TQ 1997 Chevy K1500 "Dennis Wyatt" wrote in message news:40b4f79e$ snipped-for-privacy@news.gvsu.edu... I mean 2001
Reply to
bill

Only on the passenger side if its RHD! "bill" wrote in message news:fsatc.5775$Ly.5594@attbi_s01... Dennis,

[...]

spare-me-spam

At least on a 2001 A4 2.8L Quattro, it is closer to the driver side than passenger side.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton