A4 oil filter Location

Just got a 91 A4 2.8 and want to change oil first time. Drain plug- is it obvious- I haven't looked yet. Where is the filter? TIA

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding
I mean 2001
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____"
--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding
<HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">I mean 2001</BODY></HTML>
--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____--
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____--
Dennis,
You have to remove the skid plate to get to the oil filter (that's why there are several "quick lubes" that will turn you away). Once you get that off, the filter is pretty much right there, if I remember correctly, it's on the passenger side of the engine (it's been a while since I've worked at one of the quick lubes that didn't turn them away). I'll let you decide if the skid plate is important enough to replace. It can be a serious nuisance removing them, especially if previous oil changes had damaged the original screws and it is being held up in an "interesting and imaginative" manner. BTW if you were wondering about what type of oil, go with synthetic, as previous posts in the group have discussed, it's definitely worth the extra cost.
HTH Bill
1991 200TQ 1997 Chevy K1500
mean 2001 </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Only on the passenger side if its RHD!
mean 2001 </BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Or a Quattro
spare-me-spam wrote:

At least on a 2001 A4 2.8L Quattro, it is closer to the driver side than passenger side.
- -- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.akaMail.com http://surf.to/cnewton ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place-- <delete remove-this. to respond to email>