A4, Potholes, Sidewall Bulges and Blowouts

What are A4 owners in cold weather states like Michigan doing to help minimize expensive tire replacement due to potholes. I had a set of what I thought were pretty good tires put on 4 months ago and now have to replace
both fronts due to bulges in the sidewalls. I believe this is an across the board issue with all manufacturers with the low profile tires.
Thanks for your comments. Mike

Get your government or whoever's responsible to fix the potholes?
Maybe you can claim compensation for the replacement cost.
--
(\__/) M.