A4 V6 2.4 bearing rattle or not

I had the cam belt and all related parts changed in the summer. She has run super since.

Recently, a noise (rattly bearing) has evolved from the unit linked to the top pulley. It's under the top dust cover, at front, between the cylinder heads. Just below what I can only assume is the spark generator or would it be termed the distributor. Could this be a result of the new timing belt which has loaded the bearings or is it just normal wear/tear. After a few miles/minutes the rattle ceases.

a. Is this the distributor. From past motors they are mechanically attached. b. Could just the bearing be replaced or is it a new unit required. Anyone know approx cost for this part (UK)

Yesterday I did an oil change to a thinner grade, 5W30 (was 10W40) because I thought it was lack of upper head (cam) lub on cold morns.........

ta dj from the UK

Reply to
Juan Hunglow

how about its the power steering pump and low oil........

Reply to
Juan Hunglow

Maybe it's the water pump. These seem to be weak on this car.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark