A4 vs MB240

I'm shopping... which is fun. Narrowed things down to an A4 1.8T quattro and the MB C240 4matic. I am partial to Audi, owned an 01 200T quattro for several years - very positive experience - but trying not to be blinded by that :). I live in the midwest USA, and need AWD, but then I'd get quattro anyway. The A4 seems more responsive. I was annoyed by a bit of turbo lag, but otherwise a very pleasing drive. My greatest pleasure driving in this part of the world is driving deserted backroads at high speeds, and am mainly wondering which car is the superior cruiser when you start to push the USA governor setting. Any comments appreciated.

Reply to
Rob Davies

If your drives include twisty winding roads which you like to take at speed, an A4 with sport suspension (part of the sport package) should handle these better than a 240, which I'm pretty sure is geared more towards comfort, and therefore will lean more during spirited drives.

If we're talking about plain highway cruising, then either one should do.

Personally I'd get the 1.8TQ manual and chip it or just get the 3.0Q manual to avoid any possible warranty denial issues. Stock 1.8TQ is underpowered in the B6 A4, at least that's my opinion.

Good luck with the purchase.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to