A5 - Cannot Remove Master Key from Ignition

I have a new 2009 A5 with smart key. With the car turned off, I placed the key in the slot to power close the windows. Following this, I could not remove the Master Key from the ignition. I tried
pushing in and pulling out the Master Key beforre removing, but no luck. I also removed the ignition key from the Master Key and that did not help either. What am I doing wrong?
Add pictures here
✖
On May 25, 11:14 am, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Did you try turning on the engine, then shutting it off and removing the key? Does that work?
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
Add pictures here
✖

A6 1996 petrol manual. On my old thing the one key I have sometimes won't turn. The steering wheel needs to be wiggled from side to side until the key can turn.
Add pictures here
✖