A6 1.8T 150bhp Is not enough!!

Page 2 of 2
Note: follow-up set to alt.autos.audi

So you're saying that putting a bigger turbocharger, with a higher boost pressure, and an uprated head gasket, will *not* increase the power output of an engine?
The mind boggles......
Peter

So, to save face, you've stooped to putting words in my mouth. It's a lovely straw man, but of course I never said any such thing.
"In addition to my other post, there surely must be a way to uprate the engine to 225bhp, as it's the same basic engineas the Audi TT, isn't it. I'd have thought a chip, and an uprated head gasket would be all that's needed, but I may be wrong."
You haven't the faintest idea of how to get to 225 from 150. No, a turbo and head gasket alone WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Maybe you should just own up to the last five words of your statement above, and just call it good, hmm?

Indeed. It's been a long time since I have seen someone make such a big fool of themselves in USENET.
Spider

I thought it was a reworked head and turbo, possibly a different turbo and a different ecu/chip? Assumadly the head gasket will have to be changed as well to take the strain of the extra power?
-- Dan

methods!
output
As far as I am aware you can chip it straight off to about 190BHP which will cost you about 400 ish. or you can spend around (I think) 2.5k and get it to 225 or even up to 250-260bhp. 40bhp for 400 is certainly better value, but I imagine 250bhp in a A3 would be pretty quick.
[snip]

Cheaper on this side of the Pond, but that's about right.

Yup. For that 2.5k, you get quite a bit of extra kit, including intake and exhaust, I would imagine. Bigger turbo, etc.
Spider

It was called a suggestion. Not a technical answer. And since when has "how can I get more bhp from my car" been a technical question?
Peter

Then why posit an attempt at a technical answer? You can shout and moan and whine that it wasn't, but you were offering (incorrect) concrete steps to solve a problem. What is that, if not technical? That's right, you want to re-cast it as a "suggestion." LOL.
[snip attempt to redefine "technical"]
If it makes you happy to believe that, don't let me stop you.

I see. You speak for "everyone", now? Mighty presumptuous of you.
And arrogant. Do you really think that anyone but the three of us give a rat's ass about this thread? Most intelligent folk have already marked "thread as read."
Keep backpeddaling. I like it.
Spider

No.
Excuse me, but when did I top-post? I've just double checked every post I've made to this thread, and not in a single one of them have I top-posted. If you actually bothered to properly read the message you reply to, it was not top-posted - the text at the top was an introduction to the forwarded email below it. You know, in a logical order.

<snip>
I'm perfectly well aware on how to search archives, but as Dervman mentioned, the whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss things. I'm sorry if you've got a problem with that. Fair enough though - I accept it can be a bit irritating if something has come up literally hundreds of times before, but there are polite ways of saying things.

Well yes, I knew little about it. But I also knew that another 1.8T engine was used in another car, and that the aforementioned engine had a fair bit more power than 150bhp. Hence my comparison.
Peter

Why not?

You didn't - I mis-read the post due to some funky quoting marks. My apologies.

Indeed it is. But if you do not have knowledge on the subject that you are discussing, why bother? It's just useless chatter.

I don't have any problems with discussion (nice straw man argument, however.) I do have a problem with the spouting of opinion disguised as fact. Or offering technical answers to technical questions without one shred of expertise or knowledge.

From someone posting private e-mail without permission in public, a discussion of politeness is hilariously ironic.

The plain fact is that over 400HP can be wrung out of that engine. It's just a matter of how much of the guts and accessories you wish to change. And how fast you want to go. It's not a simple job to go from 150 to 225. From 150 to 210 is much less painful and expensive, however. www.apr.com
Spider

Uhhh, now you're just talking out of your ass. Quoting attributions are nice to follow who said what.
Go ahead and find otherwise - I'm always willing to admit when I am mistaken.

Because you were:
1.) An idiot for posting junk that's not true,
2.) an ass for posting private e-mail.
The plain fact is that *you* should have posted the URL, if it were help that you wished to give.
Spider

Nice circular reasoning.
You were an asshole to post the stuff without asking. On top of being an idiot for suggesting that a 150 motor could be made a 225 with a "bigger turbo and head gasket."

Sorry, but you are wrong on this - quoting without attribution is rude. But anything to divert attention away from yourself is a good play. Keep it up.

Nice weasel. You have zero knowledge as to the differences between the two. Being pedantic doesn't help you make your point.

You offered a technical solution that was incorrect. There is no escaping the fact that you spouted some blather for some unknown reason.

Uhhh, sure.

That's a very nice recasting of the words you wrote. I'll bet it makes you feel all squishy inside knowing that you were just trying to be helpful.

Sure - it only makes you look like a stupid asshole. Why on earth you would want to expose your foolishness even more than you already have just boggles my mind.

Because I'm teaching you a lesson. You may not like it, but you have learned something. Maybe even more than one thing.
Besides, it's my time to waste. I suggest that if you want to offer help, at least offer something of value.
Spider

Wrong. It was wrong of me to post the sender's email address as part of the post - nothing wrong at all with sharing the contents of that email. And regarding my suggestion of the possibility that a 150 motor could be made a 225 with a bigger turbo and uprated head gasket wasn't too far off the mark, as you yourself said that basic mods like this could get it up to 210.
Astravanman > > Thank you. Now if you could kindly snip the headers a bit more, that'd be a Astravanman > > bit less bandwidth wasted.

Spider > Sorry, but you are wrong on this - quoting without attribution is Spider > rude. But anything to divert attention away from yourself is a good Spider > play. Keep it up.
Yes, but just a big load of headers at the top only serves to confuse matters, neccessitating the need to scroll up and down to keep on reminding oneself of who posted what. The ideal way is to do what I've done above, but most of the time it isn't neccessary, as a lot of the time replies are just between two posters, and even if not, it's not always important who exactly posted each comment - it's mainly the comment itself (and the replies to it) that are of more importance.

It does actually. I like to help people.

Jeez.......pot, kettle, black. There's nothing like making an issue out of something so bloody minor.

Ah, thanks - it's nice to know you care so much.
Peter

You are hilariously mistaken, as with most of the rest of the unmitigated BS you've spewed here. From:
http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html
"Keep in mind that all private email is considered to be copyrighted by the original author. If you post private email to a public list or board, or forward it to an outside party in whole or in part, you must include the author's permission to post the material publicly. Not doing so can get you into some deep doo-doo legally or with your friends and associates. Think of it this way... how would you feel if a personal private email that you had written for a specific purpose/person is then plastered across the Internet or forwarded to folks you don't know? Ask permission before forwarding/posting any private emails!"

Obviously, you have mis-read my postings. Re-read (for comprehension this time.)

The fact of the matter is that you are grasping at straws in order to divert attention from your own misdeeds. Nowhere is it written that attribution lines should be trimmed - in fact, it is suggested that they be *included*, your misguided opinion aside. Wish to try again?

That's good. Maybe if you actually offered REAL information, then it would actually be helpful. Odd, the correlation, don't you think? :)

LOL. Hardly.

Quite. Which is why you've been rambling on for days over it, hypocrite.

I care about other Audi owners, sure. So much so, that I like to upbraid those who give dumb, incorrect, or just plain idiotic info in USENET.
Have you learned anything yet? (I'm sure your answer will be pithy, and only part of the truth, but I asked, LOL.)
Spider

the
made a

mark,
bit
is
reminding
Take it outside
message
[100 lines snipped]

Learn how to use your newsreader.
Spider
Spider wrote:

I'd like to see some legal documentation to support this, as opposed to it just being the opinion of the people who run that site. As I see it, if someone sends me something unsolicited, without my foreknowledge or permission, it's mine to do with as I see fit. Don't like it? Then don't send me email.
How could it be otherwise? I mean, if the sender retains ownership, then someone could send me an unsolicited email, then sue me for possession of copyrighted material!
-- Mike Smith

If you think it's legal, then roll the dice.

Easy. It's the *republication* that matters.

Possession <> republication.
Spider
www.nothelle.com; My A4 1.8 T was tuned with their chip and got 210 hp. PS: I had a problem later on with the turbo hose (see other posting in this group).

Then why did you buy it?
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

/reminder to self/
Get a test drive of an A6 2.5TDi-140 SE Avant and ensure that I like the way it drives before setting my heart on getting one.
Peter