A6 1.9tdi cutting out (2001 Avant)

Hi All,I have an annoying problem on a number of occasions..When i put my foot flat to the floor to overtake a slower vehicle,the engine splutters and dies down to safe mode (1100 revs)to get me home mode,with a warning light on the dash display.If i turn the engine off,and restart,the car is OK.Anyone point me in the right direction,where to start looking. rgds sjfedex

Reply to
sjfedex

Could be the throttle position sensor, could be a bad MAF, could be many things. Get thee to someone with a code reader. If the ECU is triggering the MIL indicator for sure there's going to be a definitive error logged therein...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper