A6 2.6 V6 Overheating

Appreciate any pointers to this problem I have.

I am loosing coolant from the header tank due to overheating but the guages show only just above normal. This only happens when stationary. The vehicle is fine at high speeds. Sometimes fans come on somethimes not temp reading when this happens is about 95 but rises quickly after as one would expect.

System has been pressure checked, new header tank cap, new radiator fan switch, water pump & thermostat still no joy.

Any guidance appreciated, thanks

Chris

Reply to
Goukcpb

Leaking head gasket? It doesn't always show with a pressure gauge.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

Check gasket radiator filling cap.

"Goukcpb" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com...

Reply to
Ronald

Audi did have those but on the pre war models only....

Ron

Reply to
reply