A6 2.7t upgrades...

Hello, looking for some input on chips and brakes...
I am considering the stage 1 chip from APR. I am also considering some upgraded rotors...preferably annondized...I have lost interest in the rust.
At some point I may consider the Brembo calipers, but that is not on the front burner...
fire away...
thanks,
Mark
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:42:35 GMT, Mark Semon

What in heaven for? Anodizing is a surface treatment and I'd heavily guess it'll be removed quickly from the rotor. Very quickly.
So why pay for it in the first place?

Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

For brakes, check out: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=2.7T&model %20A6&submodel=Quattro&category=Braking
They also carry some version of the rotors that are cadmium-plated, which is supposed to reduce rusting. Haven't had a chance to try them personally, so I can't vouch for their effectiveness, but overall, ECS Tuning is a reputable establishment.
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/brakes/rotors/cadmium_coating_comparison.jpg
Cheers,
Pete