A6 (2000) Airbag sensor module

Hello.
I was just informed that my airbag sensor module was failing (airbag light stayed on)
I was also told that the part is +/- $1,300. The item is no bigger than an
Altoid can.
Is this about par for the course on the price of the item??
Thanks
Josh
Josh Carter wrote:

Not exactly answering your question, but I'll write for the benefit of others:
I got an airbag lamp after striking my steering wheel with my fist (got mad at being cut off by another driver).
I took it to an independent, who disconnected the wire between the airbag and the steering column, reconnected it, and reset the error code via the Bosch equivalent of the VAG-com. Apparently my hitting the wheel caused a momentary loss of contact in the connector, triggering the fault.
Moral of the story - if you get an airbag light, keep in mind that the fix may be trivial.
/Robert