A6 4.2 option packages coded in VIN??

I am shopping for a used Audi A6 4.2. Is there a way to decode the VIN and determine what option packages the car was equipped with at build time. (Premium, Sport, Cold weather, Hot weather....etc)
Thanks! Dirk
snipped-for-privacy@usa.net (Dirk Menzel) wrote:

Not from the VIN, but other codes present on the data sticker do detail every option fitted to the vehicle. Unfortunately, I know of no comprehensive reference for all of these codes.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk