A6 Avant snowchain problem

Hi folks

New poster so please bear with me if this has been posted before I have looked as far back as I can go.

I need a set of snow chains and my neighbour, who owned an 1998 A6 previously, gave me a set he said he had used. My car (2003) has the 215/55/16 tyre and apparently the wheel is not compatible with chains. Having fitted the neighbours I can see why, there is no clearance. I have seen a few web sites with "reduced clearance" chains and Audi do something that fits but the price is verging on the fiscally irresponsible. Does anyone have any experience of using snow chains on this car?

Thanks

Daran

Reply to
DJ

Yes, the Owners manual of mine says I can't use chains with my

205/55/16 wheels. I need to check though what the rim with is.

However, I'd suggest you read up in your Owners manual. It might well say that with this dimension you just can't use chains.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Have a look at

They sell a product call the AutoSock that doesn't appear to have the clearance problems that chains can have.

Size 62 is what you need and they only cost £60

Unfortunately for me they don't do a size to fit 235/45R17 :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave