A6 Central Locking Problem

The front passenger door on my 2000 A6 refuses to unlock at all. I cant open the door at all even if I use the handle on the inside. The missus has to slide across the seats getting in and out! All the other
doors are fine. Does anyone know if their is a certain resolution to this one....Before I venture near the dealership
Any Advice Appreciated