A6 - new vs. old?

Just wondering - has anyone here had the opportunity to sit in both a new A6 (i.e. 2005, with big snout) and a current (or recent) model? The magazine reviews are saying the new one is roomier inside. Would you
agree? I'm particularly concerned about width, and the amount of room taken up by the center stack, which were my only real quibbles with the current model.
Thanks, -- Mike Smith