A6 opinions?

Hi
Posted earlier about the clutch "problem" with the A6 I'm looking at but can somebody give me an opinion on cost of ownership of an A6?
The car I'm looking at is a 2000 X reg 1.9tdi SE 81k on the clock and I've got them down to £6395 from the original asking price of £6995. It's got a full Audi service history up to 65k when the cambelt was changed. Test drove it briefly and apart from the stiff clutch the car drifted to the right fairly noticably. Garage say they'll give it a full 12 month mot, service it and fix the drifting. I've also noticed the front bumper has dropped as a result of what looks like a small shunt...scuffing on the bumper itself. Again garage are saying this will also be sorted. Not convinced about the servicing bit so I'll get an Audi service if I get it.
What are peoples thoughts on the deal? Anything major I should look out for in the future? Looking to keep the car for 3 - 4 years.
All comments appreciated.
cheers
Add pictures here
βœ–
Well, I would not touch it. Is there any documentation for the 20K miles its done since it dropped out of dealer servicing? If the tracking is out then it was probably abused. The dealer will say anything to make a sale. If you need the size consider a Passat. See CarGiant for prices http://www.gtccar.co.uk or go down to an A4. The money you are looking at would buy you an 02 plate 1.9PD Passat !
Rgds
Add pictures here
βœ–
Alec wrote:

The Passat is built on the A4 floorplan so it's no bigger.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's floorpan!
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's rubbish
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm sure that in 2000 all 3 were on the same basic floorpan.
In size order:
A4 < Passat < Superb (think that came later than 2000, though) < A6.
If an A4 is too small, and an A6 too pricey, then a Superb or Passat are well worth looking at.
βœ–

Lengthwise, it *is* bigger.
Not by a huge amount, but (cough) one's "significant other" might notice a similar change in length.
Top of my head, it's 4-8 inches, and more so in terms of interior space.
--

Hairy One Kenobi

βœ–
Hi Alec

Why would there be? It hasn't needed a service since it last had one. Although I thought it was due to be serviced at 80k the actual service indicator on the car says it needs one in another 5k. It's a one owner fleet car. So what kind of documentation would you expect since the last service?

Yeh, but it's a Passat? ;) I like Audi. And I like the A6. Ok I'm taking a little risk but the car is reasonably priced.
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–

Ok. But its 6.4K! Was recently looking a similar car for 8K. Another test drive tonight and it was fine. Slight pulsing in the clutch that felt a bit weird but apart from that it seemed fine.
Think I'll buy it tomorrow. Will let you know!
cheers
Add pictures here
βœ–