A6 parking sensor problem

It seems the parking sensors, (front and rear) are having a hissy fit on my late 2001 (2002 model) A6. Usually if I put the car into Reverse (it's an auto/tiptronic) the parking sensors automagically come on, the light on the dash button fires up and the relevant intermittant>constant beeping commences.

But now the beeping has all gone to shot, sometimes it beeps intermittantly, sometimes it's a spiteful constant beeeeeep and eventually the dash light switches from on to flashing.

I'm guessing it's got it's knickers in a twist and needs some sort of reset, but I have no idea how and the user manual I have is in German - not handy when I don't speak/read German.

Any advice?

PS: it's amazing how much you come to miss such toys, I'm reasonably adept at parking, so it's not a huge issue, but it does help with such a big car.

Reply to
DoetNietComputeren

Dnc, Check on Audiworld's A6 forum to see if anybody else has this problem, or you could scan the manual/run it through text recognition/run the results through Babelfish at Altavista.com. Chances are you've got a problem with the sensors - check to make sure they're clean. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears