A6 quattro 2,8 - 99 - BRAKES PROBLEM!

Today I wanted to move my car from spot A to spot B. Suddenly I felt that my brakes are not working properly - When I step on brake pedal - almost NOTHING happened !!!!
I had to step on brake VERY STRONG if I wanted to stop (I almost crashed near by parked cars ...)
The brake pedal worked only if I step on it with FULL STRENGHT !
After few minutes everything was OK but I am very afraid to drive ...
Any ideas about what happened and what to be done to fix this problem?!
Regards
Niksa
Niska
Were your brake discs wet? This is a problem with Audis I have experienced it with both A4s I have owned. When you brake for the first time the pads run on a film of water and there is no braking until that water is cleared from the discs. Just like aquaplaning. Pumping the brake pedal does help, but it is a worrying thing when it happens. That is my experience anyway, hope this helps
John

John, Nope, brake weren't wet. Anyway, car was parked in the garage for a two days ... Maybe that could be a clue ...
Niksa
Niska
Could there have been a thin layer of rust on the discs? this would possibly produce the same symtoms.
John

Almost undoubtedly a light coating of rust on the disks. It's very common, normal, and there's no way to avoid it in conditions where condensation can form on the disks (high humidity + low nighttime temperatures = dew). Simply be aware of it for the first few stops after letting the car sit for more than a day or so. If the time is longer, expect more rust and even nasty scraping/grinding noises. Still perfectly normal and to be expected. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)