A6 quattro service reset

How do you reset the service interval light on a 1996 A6 quattro wagon with automatic trans

Take it to the dealer. Alternatively buy a VAG COM system from Ross Tech.
Mine's been flashing at me for 3 months.
Cheers,
Tony 96 S6

with
There should be instructions to reset this in the Owner's Manual. In my 1998 A6Q, it involves holding one of the reset stalks out while turning on the ignition, and then cycling through the oil-change and service warnings, shutting each off in turn, if desired. I would espect the '96 to have a similar capability, but perhaps not.

"Jay Somerset" wrote

That's the thing - in '96 it is not possible to reset it like that. So, either VAG COM, or maybe a trip to a local AutoZone - I know they have tools to read error codes stored in the ECU, so they can probably reset service reminders as well.
Cheers,
Pete

What a difference a year (or two) can make. Perhaps in the newer models it will be easy enough to do with one hand (it takes at least two in the '98). :-)