A6 quattro service reset

How do you reset the service interval light on a 1996 A6 quattro wagon with automatic trans

Reply to
ramjet44

Take it to the dealer. Alternatively buy a VAG COM system from Ross Tech.

Mine's been flashing at me for 3 months.

Cheers,

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony

There should be instructions to reset this in the Owner's Manual. In my

1998 A6Q, it > Take it to the dealer. Alternatively buy a VAG COM system from Ross Tech. >
Reply to
Jay Somerset

"Jay Somerset" wrote

That's the thing - in '96 it is not possible to reset it like that. So, either VAG COM, or maybe a trip to a local AutoZone - I know they have tools to read error codes stored in the ECU, so they can probably reset service reminders as well.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

What a difference a year (or two) can make. Perhaps in the newer models it will be easy enough to do with one hand (it takes at least two in the '98). :-)

Reply to
Jay Somerset