A6 REAR PADS & DISCS REPLACEMENT

Hi All, Has anyone got a link to replacing my rear pads & discs on my 2001 A6 Avant

1.9tdi.deciding wether to tackle the job myself,or book the car into my local independent mechanic?? Many thx...rgds Steve (sjfedex)

-- Message posted using

information at

sjfedex

if you are of mechanical mind then its just a case of look and feel. Some tools (special or home made) may be required. I think the pistons might be of the type that require rotation while compressing them back in........others might comment on this.

It you are at all NON technical then the shop it is.

Reply to
tpow

The A4 has that type of piston and I'd expect the A6 to also have it. When I did the rears on my A4 a couple of years ago, Autozone lent me the tool for free. Having that tool makes it a lot easier. Apart from that the procedure was pretty easy as Audi repair goes.

Reply to
iws

Thanks guys,will remove a rear wheel,and inspect the job ahead,if not,local repairer will recieve a phone call. rgds sjfedex

-- Message posted using

information at

sjfedex