A6 - Removing Rear License Plate

Having a devil of a time trying to remove the rear license plate. All four screws are frozen to the backers. All I've managed to do so far is break one of the screw backers. The last time I tried this (a year ago) I had to take the car to the dealer to have it removed.

Dale, A surefire way would be to remove the heads of the screws with a Dremel cutoff wheel, then apply PB Blaster or something to the stud and turn it out with vice grips when it gets free. When you replace the screws, put some anti-sieze compound on the threads before screwing them in. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)