A6 tires- 1 blown

Last night I hit a pothole and blew a tire on my 03 A6 2.7T. The set of tires is relatively new but the tire store would not put one tire on. They
said I had to replace all 4 tires or else it would screw up the all wheel drive, which will lead to a much more costly repair. The difference between a new tire and the existing 3 are 4/32's. I live in an area where we do have snow and rain regularly. Is this true? If so are there any good tires that don't cost $800? Thanks, Ken

or could it be 1/8"..............no its definitely 4/32"

No. However I would recommend getting the same brand/model of tyre for the one you replace.
Mark.
Mark;59856 Wrote: > On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:30:35 -0500, "Ken K"

i agree with this fellow here, get the same brand and model of tire, and go with a pair instead of one.
--
beatbox

The owners manual for my car specifies no more than a 10% difference in tread depth for tires on the same axle, and that tires should be replaced in pairs (i.e., 2 tires on the same axle).
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA