A6 - Window regulator scratching glass

The car is a 1996 model year A6. There is a vertical scratch going about halfway up the outside of the driver's side front window, which is presumably caused by either the electric regulator or something else deep down in the recesses of the door. Are there any quick fixes to stop this getting worse or is dismantling the door the only solution?

Reply to
John Prendergast

The only quick fix is don't wind the window down ;-).

Seriously, you could check the rubber strips on the door edge in case there's anything stuck there.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The windows on the A6 seem to be real troublespots. My advice is also don't use the window until you get it fixed. If you can figure out how to get the door panel off without breaking anything please let me know.

M.