A6 - Window regulator scratching glass

The car is a 1996 model year A6. There is a vertical scratch going about halfway up the outside of the driver's side front window, which is presumably caused by either the electric regulator or something
else deep down in the recesses of the door. Are there any quick fixes to stop this getting worse or is dismantling the door the only solution?
John Prendergast wrote:

Seriously, you could check the rubber strips on the door edge in case there's anything stuck there.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:51:46 GMT, Chris Bartram

The windows on the A6 seem to be real troublespots. My advice is also don't use the window until you get it fixed. If you can figure out how to get the door panel off without breaking anything please let me know.
M.