A80 2.0i Over heating

I have a strange problem with my A80 and I hope someone can give me an idea as what is wrong.
Driving normally the car is fine. If I am driving down a
motorway/autobahn, if I come to a traffic jam where the traffic is stopped or crawling, after around 5 minutes my engine over heats, and a lot of hot water is ejected from the radiator cap. Both of the cooling fans at this time are fully working.
The is causing me a lot of trouble as in UK traffic jams are a common occurance.
Thanks
MF
Sounds a bit like what use to happen to my old Audi 80 coupe, eventually found that someone had repaired a water hose by fitting a piece of tube inside the pipe which reduced the bore size and caused loads of back pressure. Maybe you have a blockage somewhere thats causing back pressure.
Liam

"Liam" wrote in message

Could also be the thermostat stuck in partly open position.
regards Rune S.