About LED indicators and tail-lights

Good Morning

Firstly, may I be excused for this blatant cross-post, however the discussion that follows may be of interest to readers with regard to the burgeoning use of Light Emitting Diodes in automotive applications that spans the gamut of manufacturers...

The item I am going to detail has many other uses in addition to tail-lights, courtesy lights, indicators et al, including but not limited to traffic lights - see, this is on topic - IR illumination, industrial LED signalling applications and many, many more.

Updates and further information may be obtained in other groups including sci.engr.lighting.

Scenario: You want brake lights to double as tail-lights using the same LED array, how do you do it?

details a new invention that provides a method to make otherwise dull LED's much brighter, allows LED's to be used at two luminosity levels so making the ubiquitous LED a lot more useful...And allows LED's to be overpowered without letting the smoke out (blowing up).

The invention, or rights to it are for sale probably rendering this post as an advertisement. In any case I will respond to responsible criticism.

Thank you for your indulgence.

Peter Lowrie

++64-4-9766712
Reply to
Peter Lowrie

"Peter Lowrie" skrev i melding news:lM0zb.10984$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.tsnz.net...

No, you may most definitely not be excused. This is just more spam.

So, for the future, post there, and only there, if you please.

Yes, my point exactly, this is just another completely unnecessary and utterly useless sales ad.

?? Indulgence??

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Comments noted, thank you.

Peter Lowrie

Reply to
Peter Lowrie

You are most welcome..................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Oh dear, not this again! Peter has now infiltrated my favourite NG for my favourite car! This makes me feel terrible as i am a Kiwi too and the whole invention thing has been vented on the nz.tech NG to death.

Background: The processs of operating an led at above it's design specification to force it into outputting MORE light than it should (and to reduce its life) is already known using PWM (pulse width modulation) techniques. Packaging this approach into a 3 terminal device to eventually fry the led is convenient but why have a risk situation where the led will suddenly fail? I give him points for chasing sales though...

Sorry Peter

Morris

Reply to
MorrisTheCat

"MorrisTheCat" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@clear.net.nz...

Well, this explains quite a lot. He is a Kiwi, just like you. I live in Scandinavia, on the opposite side of the globe, and I obviously understand that it must be pretty exhausting all the time to live and breathe with your feet up and your heads down. This of course creates a strong blood rush to your heads, to make you dizzy and confused. Why you simply do not fall off the face of the earth, is totally beyond me, anyway. Do you have magnetic shoes of some kind, maybe? I once had a friend from Oz, and he was almost flattened and squeezed by our strong gravity when he came up here, you know. That is why I hesitate to go "down under". At least you are not from there. A small comfort, I should think, but there are just a few centimetres from your Kiwi Islands to Oz on my globe..................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Actually, I've had one array operating for four weeks now and not a single failure. I just wish i had a camera so i could show you.

No sweat

Peter Lowrie

Reply to
Peter Lowrie

Gravity is a myth, Inger; the earth really sucks.

Peter Lowrie

Reply to
Peter Lowrie