ABS Warning Light

I have a 98 A4 1.8T, and off and on sometimes when I drive I will get my ABS yellow light and a red blinking break light in my dash. It does not happen all the time. I looked up the warning in my manual and it said that my ABS doesn?t work when the light is flashing. However I tested the breaks and the anti-lock breaking system does engage. Is this a computer problem, or a bad sensor? Ideas?

Reply to
TCCdestroy

Could be something like a wheel sensor - could be that ABS module is on the fritz. Lots of problems with VAG ABS modules in 98/99/00 Passats, A4s & A6s. Very expensive to replace - well over $1000. You can use the car without it as long as you can put up with the ABS light - and the fact that you won't have any ABS if it dies.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

If you get DTC 01203, that's just another lousy Bosch 5.3 ABS control module.

"TCCdestroy" escribió en el mensaje news:1_617848 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

"" wrote: > If you get DTC 01203, that's just another lousy Bosch 5.3 ABS > control > module. > > "TCCdestroy" escribió en el > mensaje > news:1_617848 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > >I have a 98 A4 1.8T, and off and on sometimes when I drive I > will get > > my ABS yellow light and a red blinking break light in my > dash. It does > > not happen all the time. I looked up the warning in my > manual and it > > said that my ABS doesn't work when the light is flashing. > However I > > tested the breaks and the anti-lock breaking system does > engage. Is > > this a computer problem, or a bad sensor? Ideas? > >

Reply to
patty