ABS Warning Light

I have a 98 A4 1.8T, and off and on sometimes when I drive I will get my ABS yellow light and a red blinking break light in my dash. It does not happen all the time. I looked up the warning in my manual and it
said that my ABS doesnt work when the light is flashing. However I tested the breaks and the anti-lock breaking system does engage. Is this a computer problem, or a bad sensor? Ideas?

Could be something like a wheel sensor - could be that ABS module is on the fritz. Lots of problems with VAG ABS modules in 98/99/00 Passats, A4s & A6s. Very expensive to replace - well over $1000. You can use the car without it as long as you can put up with the ABS light - and the fact that you won't have any ABS if it dies.
I.
If you get DTC 01203, that's just another lousy Bosch 5.3 ABS control module.

"" wrote: > If you get DTC 01203, that's just another lousy Bosch 5.3 ABS > control > module. >
> mensaje > > >I have a 98 A4 1.8T, and off and on sometimes when I drive I > will get > > my ABS yellow light and a red blinking break light in my > dash. It does > > not happen all the time. I looked up the warning in my > manual and it > > said that my ABS doesn't work when the light is flashing. > However I > > tested the breaks and the anti-lock breaking system does > engage. Is > > this a computer problem, or a bad sensor? Ideas? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Audi-ABS-Warning-Light-ftopict126760.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pa7848
I had this on my 96 cab. Intermitent apperance of ABS light, would stay for a few days, then disappear, then became perminent. Put it into Audi, they could not find anything wrong. Then discovered break light bulbs had blown but not a complete failure, Element had snapped off one end of the supports. This accounted for the intermitent nature. No reference to a link in the user manual. New bulbs no more ABS light