Adding additional "Cigar" sockets.

Just brought a lovely 2000/W A4, can officially say that I have converted from Land Rover! One thing the Disco had was a very accessible cigar lighter, really
easy for my PDA cradle and charger. However, the A4 has a cigar lighter in the middle of the centre console! Not very handy for my Vario! I am thinking of getting a double cigar adaptor with a long flex and adding this to the original cigar lighter's wiring and installing the double neatly in my glove compartment.
Has anyone done this, if so how easy is it and where do I start? Anything I need to look out for?
Any comments welcome, helpful ones are best though!! ;)
Thanks to whoever reads this,
Regrds,

have you looked in the rear ash tray, there might be a lighter in there.

Not on a B5.
It might be easier to tap off the fuse box and run the lead to the glove box directly. There's an unused fuse position #27 (for the Avant rear wiper) that you can use, then just snake the wire along the underside of the dash to the glove box. Gotta be easier than disassembling the center console to get to the wires at the lighter...
Cheers
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
daytripper wrote:

Guessing that if it's an Avant then there won't be the spare fuse! I guess I am gonna have to wait for a nice sunny day and have an explore!
Thanks,
In the fuse panel on the left side of the dash there is a terminal labeled 75X. That is 12V (switched IIRC). You could wire to that but be sure to add an in-line fuse.
Pugsy wrote:

Ah - I didn't recognize "2000/W A4" as being an Avant...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Not a prob! Will give it a go once I get back from holiday! Thanks all, I will be sure to let you know!!