Adding Daytime Running Lights: 1998 A6 Quattro

Is there an easy/cheap way to modify a 1998 A6 for daytime running lights (DRL)? I would seem that all one really needs to do is jumper the front foglight terminals on the headlamp switch.
How does the lower left part of the dash/fascia come off? Is the switch easily removed? Has anyone ever done this?
The dealer wants 4 hours worth of labor to do this -- about $350 worth.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext7.shtml
Ronny

I had read this earlier -- sort of the reverse of what I need, but does give some clues. I would need to add one or more of the relays mentioned (probably #209) but I'm not sure it would be that simple.
Has anyone actually conversted a USA model to Canadian specs?
I'm trying to do the same thing, I just imported my 1999.5 A4 1.8T from the US. One dealer here in Toronto quoted me $195, another $350, and another said they had to see the car.
You can't just add relay 209 or 214 because there's nothing for them to plug into on US model like Canadian cars do.
I'm not sure on the A6, but on A4's, there's a fog light control relay module that you can modify to control the front fogs independent from the headlights (http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/a4/fogs/fogs.html ). I think I can modify this to have my front fogs turn on automatically with the ignition by connecting two pins. Then take it for inspection and remove the wire after. I can control my fog lights independently already so I can turn them on every time I drive as DRLs. You can see if you have the same module, but I wouldn't know where it is. You can ask or search the forums on www.audiworld.com, this is a very helpful sight. Lots of knowledgeable people there, I'm sure someone can tell you where the module is.
Where are you and which dealer are you going to?

Montreal -- Prestige Audi. They quoted 4 hours labour (approx $350).