Advice Sought Re Recent Vintage A4 Purchase

My '97 A4 with 143,000 miles is beginning to show its age, and I'm in the market for a "new" car. I haven't been paying too close attention
to what's out there, but I've loved the car, and would like a new one, but I just can't spend $30K+ on a car right now.
I am thinking of trying to find a recent (2-3 year old) A4 to replace mine. Are there any years or options to avoid, any issues to be aware of in looking for one? I am thinking I might go to the Audi dealer and look for a couple year old A4 "Certified" (ie comes with a warranty)(maybe a lease return) with reasonable mileage. Maybe I could find something for about $20K?
Your thoughts and wisdom are appreciated-
PS- If anyone is interested in my car, let me know and I'll give the details.
Brad in New Hampshire, US

I just bought a used A4 from a _used_ car dealer, and the only thing I can think of recommending is: avoid used car dealerships like a plague. Definitely deal with those who buy/sell new cars as their primary business (not necessarily their primary source of income, though). New car dealerships need to keep the bar at a certain level. That makes all the difference.
Victor, now in New Hampshire too.
used A4 from a _used_ car dealer, and the only

Sorry to hear about what sounds like a bad experience. Yes, I was thinking only of new car dealers. I'd prefer a "certified" used car.
On 3 Sep 2003 08:23:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com (brad) wrote:

In your (our) area, for $20K you should be easily able to pick up a loaded 2000 A4 with reasonable mileage on the clock (45K-60K). If you're really lucky you'll find one that's already had the cam belt/tensioner/idler & water pump replaced...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, Stow, Massachusetts
WC-
Thank you very much, that's very nice of you. I certainly could be interested, and I have e-mailed you with some questions.
It never occurred to me to ask here, but does anyone else know of anything?
Brad
if you are interested. I love my '99 A4.