Airbag light on

Dealer told me my 2001 A4 needs a new passenger seat airbag for $550.00. How does he know? It only took them 20 min. to diagnose.

Dennis W wrote:

They have a special scanner that reads the airbag codes. You need the same tool to reset the light after it's been replaced.

Airbag lights come on, now and again. They can be reset by the VAG tool. An airbag has a life of 12 years according to stickers in your Audi so they should replace it for free after only 3 years.
Ronald