Airbag problem, 1997 Audi A4

Hi People
My airbag light's been on for a couple of weeks - cleared it a couple of days ago with VAG-COM but now it's popped back and it's no longer an
"Intermittent" code.
I wonder if anyone with the factory service guide can help me? Here's the code:
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 959 655 C Component and/or Version: Airbag 7 Audi 0301 Software Coding: 00102 Work Shop Code: WSC 06335 1 Faults Found: 01217 - Side Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N199) 32-00 - Resistance too High
Is this a part I can clean/replace/have a look at myself?
Cheers,
James
James wrote:

The only sensible answer to that question is, "if you have to ask, then you should definitely leave it alone.
That word "igniter" may give a clue as to why ;-)
/Robert
Good point. I guess I should go ahead and take advantage of my warranty :)

I had an airbag (in the seat) replaced for free outside the warranty, when the car was 3 or 4 years old. I think there was some kind of recall. My A4 is a model from March 1997.
--
Best regards.
Giovanni Tarantino