Airbag problem, 1997 Audi A4

Hi People

My airbag light's been on for a couple of weeks - cleared it a couple of days ago with VAG-COM but now it's popped back and it's no longer an "Intermittent" code.

I wonder if anyone with the factory service guide can help me? Here's the code:

Control Module Part Number: 8D0 959 655 C Component and/or Version: Airbag 7 Audi 0301 Software Coding: 00102 Work Shop Code: WSC 06335

1 Faults Found: 01217 - Side Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N199) 32-00 - Resistance too High

Is this a part I can clean/replace/have a look at myself?

Cheers,

James

Reply to
James

The only sensible answer to that question is, "if you have to ask, then you should definitely leave it alone.

That word "igniter" may give a clue as to why ;-)

/Robert

Reply to
Robert Brown

"James" a écrit dans le message de news:4e180$3fb7a356$3e31487e$ snipped-for-privacy@nf2.news-service.com...

I had an airbag (in the seat) replaced for free outside the warranty, when the car was 3 or 4 years old. I think there was some kind of recall. My A4 is a model from March 1997.

Reply to
GT

Good point. I guess I should go ahead and take advantage of my warranty :)

Reply to
James