Alarm Settings on A4 Cabriolet

Hi
Just recently purchased the above car and reading the manual it says that when unlocking using the keyfpb, just the drivers door should open. Then on
pressing for a second time , all the other doors become unlocked. Also, when you reach 10mph, the doors should lock automatically.
This isn't happening on my car and I know if I take it to an Audi dealer, they can set this back to the default settings, however someone has told me that the same functions can be acheived by various presses on the keyfob and various turns with the key in the door.
I can't find anywhere to tell me what these key presses are. Any ideas?
Thanks
M4typ
The manual for my 2003 A4 has an asterisk next to Automatic locking which means that it is an option. Mine doesn't have it, but it sounds like the dealer can easily convert it. (A google search suggested that you might need a VAG-COM hooked up to make the change).
If your remote isn't working the manual says you can reset it by pressing the lock button (or unlock button) on the remote one time and then lock or unlock the door using the switchblade key within one minute.
--Art