Alternate source for "switch blade" style keys

Hi everyone

I just purchased an extra remote for my 97 A4 off the net. This is the one that comes with a flip key.... anyhow, I have not received the remote as yet, but when I do, I would like to get a flip key made so that I can put it in the remote - much more convenient than carrying around the remote and one of those big keys!!

So anyway, I called the local dealer here...and they want $90 + for just the stupid key! What a rip for a silly little key!

Mind you, my original key has those little black things near the top (I'm guessing its the IMMOBILIZER but not too sure...I read somewhere that even tho the North American audis have the immobilizer chip in the keys, they do not have the system installed in teh car.... can someone confirm this?) so this could be one reason why this thing is so expensive....

Well, I was wonderin if the helpful people here in this forum may know some alternative source for these keys.... i mean, theres gotta be someone out there other than the dealers that cut thees things!!!

any ideas? If you know of a place, please give me their email / web address if possible!

Thanks

Ash :)

Reply to
Ash Mann