another A4 question

Ok I took a closer look at the A4 (I posted about the timing belt) one of the upper control arms in the front is very worn, I would think that both need to be replaced, and on both sides. The owner has had these replaced
twice over the years they owned the car. I would assume this is a common wear point on these cars??? I see some oil is leaking from the rear dif, no drops on the ground just wet on the case. The last thing that stands out is the play in the shift linkage.