antenna on A4

Can someone tell me what the deal is on the snub nose antenna I've seen on some A4's. My 03 doesn't have one...just the lines in the rear window. And,
I bought this car with 15,000 on it. Do I get the free maintenance to 50,000 and the roadside service? Thanks for any help.

Do you mean the antenna that looks like a small shark fin (my interpretation) near the rear of the roof of the A4??
If so, that is for satellite radio.

To me, it looks like stubby capsized boat. Since I have no desire to pay for satellite radio, I wonder if I can have the ugly thing deleted if I pre-order.
The Avant has the radio antenna in the back side windows. Looks like defroster lines. Did you get the owners manual with the car? It explains the factory warranty for the car. You can also contact your nearest dealer, give them your vin and they can look it up for you and tell you your coverage. My 02 is covered for up to 50k mi., so your 03 probably is also. Covers just about everything except tires. - L