any clues to this problem with Audi 100

we have an L reg 2.6 V6 decided to die on us this morning battery is fine its automatic
we just pulled away from some traffic light and coasted to a stop after the
battery light came on
any ideas?
sam
twig wrote:

Need more info. Does it turn over?

It sound like something with the multifunction switch on the automatic trans. I have had the same problem. It wouldn't start at all. The was some water in it. I just dried it, and gave it some contactspray, and the car was fine.
Thomas.

was
hi thomas
we had been driving for about a mile when the problem started
would that sort of fault happen when on the move ? twig

If it turns over but doesn't start it sounds like you broke your timing belt. $$$$ : (
Tony