Anyone ever recover a stolen A4?

To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis here:
will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!
Sorry for your loss KLS.
Yes there is hope. They probably only went for a test drive and when they run out of gas they will park it somewhere.
Did you post a picture of your car everywhere close to you and explain that it is a stolen vehicle? Craigslist.org here and elsewhere?
KLS wrote:

The county sheriff knows about it, and so does the public safety department of my university. Craigslist is an interesting idea: I'll check it out.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:04:33 -0600, one out of many daves

we just don't think that such opportunists are lingering around.....or maybe watching our every move.
a friend had his motor cycle pinched, this was many years back, and when eventually returned after a few weeks only, it was in better condition than before it disappeared :-)
just recently my father had his 1500 Ifor Williams trailer taken, he only went out for 1 hour returning to find it gone...............nobody saw nuffink as they say in the smoke. Opportunists watching all the time............. I say.
The big Q is will it ever be returned as the USA is much larger than the UK.

That sucks, KLS, sorry to hear that..... I would think you'd be able to get another early '00's A4 for well under $20k, either a B5 like your 98.5 or an early B6 (2002 or 2003).
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:07:34 -0800 (PST), Dano58

There's a green 04 A4 1.8 with Tiptronic and 41k miles at my local shop, asking for $17,400, but I'm leaning toward a brand new Mazda3 for fuel and repair economy. Decisions!