Anyone ever recover a stolen A4?

To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis here: will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!

Reply to
KLS

Sorry for your loss KLS.

Yes there is hope. They probably only went for a test drive and when they run out of gas they will park it somewhere.

Did you post a picture of your car everywhere close to you and expla> To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys

Reply to
one out of many daves

we just don't think that such opportunists are lingering around.....or maybe watching our every move.

a friend had his motor cycle pinched, this was many years back, and when eventually returned after a few weeks only, it was in better condition than before it disappeared :-)

just recently my father had his £1500 Ifor Williams trailer taken, he only went out for 1 hour returning to find it gone...............nobody saw nuffink as they say in the smoke. Opportunists watching all the time............. I say.

The big Q is will it ever be returned as the USA is much larger than the UK.

Reply to
Me

Reply to
KLS

That sucks, KLS, sorry to hear that..... I would think you'd be able to get another early '00's A4 for well under $20k, either a B5 like your 98.5 or an early B6 (2002 or 2003).

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

There's a green 04 A4 1.8 with Tiptronic and 41k miles at my local shop, asking for $17,400, but I'm leaning toward a brand new Mazda3 for fuel and repair economy. Decisions!

Reply to
KLS